- First Installation Location
Our Say Hello 2017 installation will be shown From April 13 – April 24, 2017 at Oefelestr. 13a, 81543 Munich, Germany. (We install the installation from April 10 – 13th. Boxes need to be at Frauenstrasse 18 by April 4, 2017 because I need to see how many I have AND photograph them.)
Gallery Owner Angelika Baumgartner asked that we extend the hours for the event so Say Hello 2017 will start at 1400 and go until 1800 but, if you want to stay later, we have the luxury of staying until the stars begin to twinkle in the sky.
The gallery space is 100 sqm so there is plenty of room for the installation and for the artists, family, friends and other Munich Creatives.
2. More Information About the Say Hello Event
Video FAQ. I am making a video right now with more information about the box and the installation. If you have any questions, you can email me email@example.com
EXPLAIN YOUR ART. This year, I will make a list of artists who want to explain their art pieces. I found from the Munich Inspire book, that there were some great stories of why the pieces were made for the book and I only found out about the stories when the artists came to my studio to pick up their books. Short talk. Keep it to 5-10 minutes. You do not have to talk about your piece but I want you to know that Say Hello 2017 is a safe place to share your artwork and your stories. Everyone who comes to Say Hello is happy that you are being creative and wanting to share. We will set a timer for you so that everyone who wants to talk has the opportunity.
Be on Time. Like last year, I would like everyone to be there at 1400 so we can introduce each artist this year and at that point the artist can talk about their art pieces. This will start at 1430.
3. Our Event Book – Munich Look Book
We will have a book again this year. It will be called Munich Look Book. It will have your boxes in the first section. The second section of the book, you can have one page to show a variety of your work or Create a unique page of art (like a journal page). I will be sharing more details about the Look Book tomorrow. The Look Book costs is included in the 50 Euro fee so there is no additional fee.
NOTE: If you want to be in the book but you don’t want to be in the installation, the fee will be 100 Euro. No explanation for the cost. That is just what you have to pay not to be there on April 22.
We will have a second look book in the fall based on the playing card artwork and Munich Stories artwork. Cost will be 30 Euro for artists who participated in Say Hello 2017 and 50 Euros for everyone else.
4. Selection for Future Munich Artists Projects (Munich Artists Playing Cards, Munich Stories, MA-The window, Inspire project)
- Say Hello 2017 will be where we select artists for our visual projects this year. If you want to participate in the Munich Artists Playing Cards project, you will need to be at the event.
- We will be expanding the number of artists to 108 and the number of decks to two so that people can play rummy. 1 deck will be photography. 1 deck will be figurative, mixed media. More information on the Munich artists Playing Cards will also be posted this week. There is a small 20 Euro fee this year for each artist but you get a deck of cards and Elizabeth H., Holger K. and I have less stress. (Cards are expensive to print, we are still in the red from last year.)
- If you would like to participate in our Munich Stories project and you are a visual artist, please let me know. I’m starting to make the teams next week.
- If you would like to be involved in the Inspire Project 2017, you can let me know at the event. I will have a signup sheet. This year, the inspiration will not be an artist but the feeling of pain. This topic was inspired by a talk I had with a German medical doctor who said that pain helps you know you are alive. Without pain, you die. The inspire project will be an open call project open to all artists and creatives with no geographic boundaries or medium. If you can photograph or write it, it can be in the book. I will make a separate post for this with more details. This book will be print on demand and offered as a kindle version. The submission fee will be 20 Euro. No physical book included. You will get a PDF version to share.
- Christmas Ornaments – If you have an idea you want to share or want to hold a workshop, please let me know. I want a Christmas tree full of hand made ornaments/ artist ornaments. Ideas for this project are appreciated. We have one artist, Rainer Schmitten, who will be doing a lino cut workshop for us. Artists have been asking me for a fundraiser project. We can make this the fundraiser if you want with all proceeds going to charity or we can make it whatever you want artists. I just want some ornaments on my tree this year.
Did I forget anything? Probably.