Welcome to our Say Hello 2017 Installation.
This year, I chose a small wooden box found at a local art store as the basis of each art object.
The box size was the only restriction imposed on the artists. The artists were asked to use the box as the starting point for their art object but they had the freedom to create an art piece resonating with their art style and focus as long as it was no wider than 16cm.
In addition to submitting an art object made from a box, the artists submitted samples of their voices which have been merged into a sound piece called the quiet murmur.
This year, our installation will be shown in three locations. The first Installation will be spread out over several windows and is divided into three sections: the murmur, the divide and the output.
The box melody installation visualises the art practice of Munich Artists, how artists keep their creative voices while working in a collaborative way with other artists.
The three components of the installation represent the following:
- The murmur (Audio Piece from Munich Artists Voices) represents the harmonious voices of Munich’s creatives which inspire other artists to create and explore. The audio pieces is divided into three sections to represent the development of collaboration which always starts with one idea. An exchange of ideas and then the final enjoyment of sharing the finished art piece.
- The divide (represented by empty space) represents the pause between inspiration and execution. The time and space needed for creatives to take an idea and make it a reality.
- The output (Art objects created by Munich Artists) represents the result of inspiration and reflection. It is the symbiotic and harmonious creativity of Munich Artists and demonstrates the uniqueness of each artist which is not lost as they share their creative energy and talents with each other.
Because the installation spaces are all different, the installation will change at each location. We will share images of how the installation changes.
If you want to be involved with your installations, you can sign up to participate in one of our installations. Here is a list of the current openings. We will post a reminder for each installation in the weeks to come.
Note: If you want more information about Munich Artists Installations, you can connect with Emmy @kyfio.com .
- Datum: Samstag, 22.April 2017
- Ort: wird noch bekannt gegeben (in München)
- Zeit: 14-18 Uhr (vielleicht auch länger, kommt darauf an, wieviel Spaß wir haben)
- Gebühr: 50 EUR
- Deadline to have artwork at Frauenstrasse 18. April 4, 2017