I was asked to create an “erotic” art piece and this is what I created using encaustic on wood. The grooves to the left are for you to run your fingers through… Both hands no thumbs. The wax begs to be touched so I wrote the words giving the viewer permission to put their fingers on the surface of the piece. I stroked the wax all the way up to Schwabing. It feels soft like warm marble. I would love for you to get to experience the same thing. The surface can be wiped with a cloth cause it is encaustic= wax/resin. The art piece is on display at so.cal in Schwabing, Germany.
Artist: Emmy Horstkamp Title: “Touch Me.” Material: Encaustic on wood. 40 x 40 cm Date: August 2015. Price 450 euro.
The festival starts at 1600 on Saturday. Occamstr. 7 80802 Munich, Germany
Manuela illera is organizing the fest which will also showcase fine art films. Here are two interior shots of the space so you can see what it looks like before art and movies.
Dan one of the owners said the movies will be shown in the back room so you can sit up front, outside or in the darkened movie room.
So.cal serves fusion food and still has that new smell (they opened in December 2014.) I will be there early on Saturday. Come have a drink with me and check out some art.
Munich is getting ready for the holiday season. Christmas markets are under construction and the Christmas tree corrals are up. Are you getting into the holiday mood? If not, maybe this week’s Friday gallery will help.
[easymedia-gallery med=”1650″ filter=”1″]
BCAMunich will be selling artwork from local Munich artists on Saturday November 16, 2013 at the IWC Christmas Bazaar. The Bazaar will be at the Friedenskirche, Frauenlobstrasse 5, 80337. The event starts at 1100 and ends at 1500.
Here are some links to the artists so you can see their work and get an idea of what they will have at the bazaar. (I will add images of artwork later in the week on the blog and on Facebook.)
- Martin Potsch small oil paintings selling around 100 Euros He is German and his studio is in Haidhausen. He was just featured in a German magazine about his small oils.
- Nutan Jaeger– Mixed media pieces. Nutan is an artist and licensed architect in Germany and the US. You can see that training come out in how she makes her art pieces.
- Angela Smets – Angela is German and will be showing her illustrations. Her day job is creating a daily illustration for the German radio website.
- Andrea Senyk is a photographer who will be selling limited edition images of Munich and Canada.
- Corinna Naumann is a German artist who likes creating etchings. Her work is very unique and well worth checking out. You an see more images of her work in our BCA Munich Galleries.
- Jenny Schminke is an artist working in Haidhausen. She will be selling her mixed media pieces this weekend at the Christmas bazaar.
- Andrea Peipe is a German photographer who makes dreamy photographs. She will be selling postcard sets and Her portfolio will be available if you would like to order a limited edition print.
- Gabriele Rothweiler is a German artist trained as a photographer and oil painter. Her larger pieces focus on combining the two mediums. At the show, she will be selling a few photographs on tiles and small acrylics.
- Ines Seidel is a German artist who loves paper. We will be presenting some of her creations. She currently has a solo exhibition running in another area of Germany so we are lucky she was able to give us some work to offer you this weekend!
- Maria Garcia is a Spanish Illustrator. She decided to sell a few of her printed illustrations. We highlighted one of her pieces last week on our Facebook page.
- Emmy Horstkamp is an artist, writer and entrepreneur living in Munich, Germany. She will be selling her mixed media images and saying hello to everyone at the table on Saturday.
- Constanze Kirmse is a German painter who will be sharing her Pastels and Oils. Her work focuses mainly on Bavarian landscapes, nature and her garden.