For the next phase of Munich Artists, I’m asking artists to step forward and actively help organise events under the Munich Artists Umbrella. The events must be approved by Munich Artists before using our name or social media resources and must meet the overall concept of promoting artists and artwork from Bavaria.
The Stammtisch is an opportunity for artists to approach Emmy Horstkamp with suggestions and to hear about projects that are being organised. We will be having one Stammtisch a month for this purpose. The first Stammtisch will be at the Friday Gallery, Frauenstrasse 18 on Friday May 29, 2015. I will have food, please bring your own alcohol.
Topics for Discussion:
• An exhibition of 500 artists to show the prismed zeitgeist of Munich.
• An exhibition called “Kimono Project” which is a project with a Japanese/Singaporean creative.
• Art in the Park for 2016. Art in the Park will be on June 12 -18th in Sendling during the City Festival. (This is a test to see if Munich likes this kind of concept)
• Munich Art Market – This is a website we want. For this project we will be having an open call for locally produced products by artists and designers for the Munich Art Market website. The website will NOT focus on original art pieces.
If you are an artist/designer/art historian who would like to work on the organising side of these projects please attend the Stammtisch. If you are an artist or designer with a project idea please attend the meeting. (Ideas must be related to Germany we are not interested in projects focusing on other countries).
Organising does not mean you will be picked for the Kimono project or Prismed Zeitgeist. These two projects will be juried and open to German based artists (Kimono Project) and Munich based artists (Prismed zeitgeist -Munich).
- Because of the way our group is evolving, we feel that our resources are better used for a monthly Stammtisch. We have asked artists this year to create their own parties for the exhibitions hosted at the Friday Gallery which we share in the closed Facebook group and on our social media accounts. The remaining exhibitions for this year include:
- Andreas Hirsch May 22nd – June 11th. Vernissage May 22 @1900
- Nina Schmid June 19th – July 8th Vernissage June 19th @1900
- Gunther Meliton – July 9th – 23rd, 2015
- Katrin Klug – August 16th – September 3rd
- Julie Olsson September 10 – 24
- Christ Tomas September 25 – October 7
- Ines Seidel October 8 – 22
- Munich Artists Book – October 23 -November 5
- Andrea Peipe – November 6 – 17
- Jenny Schminke November 18 – December 3
- Munich Artists Christmas Market – November 27 – December 18
- In 2016, the Friday Gallery will be focusing on installation work which will be broadcasted online on our website with a webcam and through social media. We will only pick artists we feel are up for this challenge. You are welcome to submit an installation idea. There will be 12 installations in 2016 which will be group installation and individual depending on the idea. This is not open to all artists and we will only pick ideas that I can handle living with for a month (I am working in the space full time now).
- Our newsletter has been on hiatus while we make changes to Munich Artists and shuffle around where content will be shared. The newsletter will start again on June 1, 2015 with a new look and purpose.
- Starting in July 2015, our Munich Art Market will be opened for artists to sell their designs/products. This market is not open to original artwork. We will continue to share original artwork on Munich Artists and the Friday gallery but our e-commerce site focuses on selling items between 10 -800 Euro.(retail price) We will be placing an open call once the website is completed. All work must be manufactured in Germany and be designed by artists living and working in Bavaria.